Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Chote Nawab: Long live thy glory

It has been exactly two months I have passed my graduation and have no other engagements other than hanging out with my friends. It so happened one day that me and my friend A had been to an internet cafe and found every computer occupied by a browser, so we preferred to wait for sometime as there was no hurry. To while away our time we ordered soft drinks each and sipped leisurely. A handsome young man of our age was at the counter and seeing jobless guys as us, got an opportunity to kick off a conversation. We went on talking anything and everything, when that young man dragged the conversation towards the new released movie Mangal Pandey - The Rising. He shared his experience of how he wasted his money on the movie, the movie didn't had a good storyline, Aamir Khan wasted his worthful four years for a wasted movie ............... blah, blah and host of things he blurted out. At that very moment I was enjoying my drink unaware of the ongoing talk and had least interest for the young man's comment on Aamir's "rising or falling". My dear friend A sitting beside me seemed to be absorbed during the conversation and he quickly spoke intervening - "Saif Ali Khan doesn't deserve a national award for Hum Tum." I thought it to be his personal opinion and we both also sheepishly agreed to him.
Then all of a sudden a guy emerged from a cabin of the cafe and demanded the person who dared to say that Saif doesn't deserved a national award. At first I was startled to see this unwanted intruder, who interfered our discussion. Friend A with a calm poise admitted that he was the one to comment on Saif. Then the so-called unwanted intruder argued his way out advocating the cause of his "maybe favourite actor", but he surely sounded. I was quite sure that my friend will emerge victorious from the bout of words. At the end of the verbal duel the guy admitted his defeat and announced that he is a great fan of Saif, then dissolved into his cabin to continue with his work. I could sense the satisfaction on my friend's face. For a while I felt sorry for the guy, who seemed to be obsessed with Mr Saif (son of a black buck killer).
Then the young man at the counter directed us to an emptied cabin. After taking our seat, I asked A cynically if he knew the mail id of Saif Ali khan so that i can dash him a mail, writing - "Mr khan you are a lucky person to have a fan following at a place called Cuttack and moreover your fans out here are aggressive and can do anything for your glory." Hearing this A smiled mockingly and we both burst out into a laughter.

PS: This I wrote just after my graduation results were out and mind you it's not fiction.

No comments: